Amanda Jones Johnson grew up in the Bootheel of Missouri. After college in Jonesboro, Arkansas she moved to Seattle, Washington to attend law school in 1999. In a Legal Writing class her second year she met her future husband and after graduation they opened a law practice together in La Conner, Washington.
When he left the practice she opened an office in Mount Vernon, Washington. She worked in Estate Planning and as a Guardian ad Litem for Allegedly Incapacitated Adults, eventually receiving so many Family Law referrals that it became her primary area of practice. In that capacity she handled dissolutions, parenting plans, child support, determinations of parentage, and many other areas of Family Law.
In 2018, Amanda closed her Washington office and moved to Phoenix. She was admitted to the State Bar of Arizona and joined R.J. Peters and Associates. She looks forward to continuing her Family Law advocacy for clients in Arizona.
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- Seattle University School of Law, May 2002
- Arkansas State University, May 1999
Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association
- Washington State Bar Association
Past Employment Positions:
- Law Office of Amanda Johnson, LLC, Washington State, 2005-2018
- Law Office of Amanda and Sloan Johnson, 2003-2005
- Professional Development Committee Member, Arizona Women Lawyers Association
- Events Coordinator Emeritus, Skagit County Bar Association
- Board Member Emeritus, Skagit Performing Arts Council
- Patient/Family Volunteer, Hospice of the Northwest
- Volunteer, Sleepless in Seattle
- Auction Committee Member, Skagit Symphony
- Legal Clinic Volunteer, Washington Lawyers for the Arts
- Participant, The Big Climb Seattle, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society