Peter Davis was born and raised in Kansas City. He is a graduate of the University of Kansas and a proud Jayhawk. He moved to Arizona in 2006 to be closer to his wife’s family. In 2008 he again moved his family, this time to Houston to attend law school at the University of Houston
Upon graduation from law school in 2011, Peter immediately moved back to Arizona and began working for a prominent law firm representing clients to obtain Social Security Disability. In 2016 and 2017 he was Rated 10 Best in Arizona for exceptional and outstanding client service in the Social Security Section by the American Institute of Legal Counsel.
After almost 7 years successfully representing clients in disability cases, Peter became an Assistant Attorney General and represented the State of Arizona in IV-D Child Support cases. During that time he appeared in hundreds of evidentiary hearings on behalf of the State.
While Peter learned much from his time as an Assistant Attorney General, he missed advocating for an individual and moved back in to private practice at R.J. Peters and Associates taking what he had previously learned and applying it to the family law practice.
Peter is a father of four children and spends his off time with his wife and children doing outdoor activities, sports and board games.
Areas of Practice:
- Legal Separation
- Custody / Visitation
- Property and Debt Division
- Temporary Orders
- Grandparent’s Rights
- Domestic Violence
- Modifications / Enforcement
- Non-Parent Custody
- Adoption / Guardianship
- Premarital Agreements
- Child Support
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas, May 2011 J.D.
- University of Missouri, Kansas City, Kansas City Missouri, Coursework toward Computer Science Degree, 2004-05 (Honors: Deans List)
- University of Kansas, Lawrence Kansas, December 2001 B.A. Major: Geology
Awards and Honors
- 10 Best in Arizona for exceptional and outstanding client service in the Social Security Section by the American Institute of Legal Counsel, 2016
- 10 Best in Arizona for exceptional and outstanding client service in the Social Security Section by the American Institute of Legal Counsel, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar Of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions:
- State of Arizona, Assistant Attorney General, Child and Family Services Division 2018-2020
- Phillips Disability, Associate Attorney, 2011-2018