Protection from Domestic Violence

If you are in imminent danger of becoming a victim of domestic violence, call 911 immediately.

At our law firm, we advise all clients who feel threatened to develop a safety plan and to make sure to take every legal means to protect themselves. Your safety concerns us. We are here to help you understand your rights and to protect your interests. Feel free to call the R. J. Peters & Associates law firm in Phoenix, Arizona.

Our Domestic Violence Attorneys Take Sides.
Call Today for a Free Consultation, (602) 256-7575

Call Now for a Free Consultation

We offer a free initial consultation. Call now to see how we can help.

Domestic violence includes crimes that result in violence or the threat of violence against anyone in a domestic relationship: assault, threatening and intimidating, endangerment, custodial interference, unlawful imprisonment, kidnapping, criminal trespass, criminal damage, disorderly conduct and crimes against children.

What legal steps can be taken to try to prevent domestic violence?

If you are not in immediate danger and want to take legal action to protect yourself and others threatened by domestic violence, you can request an order of protection at the Superior Court or at any Justice of the Peace Court.

What if divorce documents have already been filed?

If you already have filed a domestic relations case in the Superior Court, you must file your order of protection paperwork in the Superior Court. Our law firm can help you.

What is an order of protection?

An order of protection is issued by a Judge to help prevent further acts of domestic violence by allowing you to get help from the police if the order is violated. These orders are valid for one year from the date issued, and are renewable. An order of protection is not a guarantee of your safety. You should always remain cautious and have a personal safety plan.

What are the requirements for requesting an order of protection?

Before you can file for an order of protection, you must have a certain relationship with the person who is abusing you, for example:

  • Your spouse or former spouse
  • Your roommate or former roommate of the opposite sex
  • The father or mother of your child or your unborn child
  • Your blood relative or relative by marriage.

If you are a victim of domestic violence in Maricopa County, you can call Community Information and Referral at 602-263-8856 to help you find the services that can help.

We take sides at the R. J. Peters & Associates law firm. This is an important concept that we do not take lightly. Settlement of the difficult issues which arise in family law matters is always an important effort, but not always possible. Our Domestic Violence Attorneys focus on fighting for our clients whether in settlement efforts or in litigation. Our only business is family law. From our office located near downtown Phoenix, we represent clients in Maricopa County and throughout Arizona.

Free half-hour consultation with a divorce lawyer.

Major credit cards accepted.