Post-Divorce Modifications

Circumstances change. There may be a dramatic increase or decrease in income, a child’s needs may change or a custodial parent may wish to move the child out of state. If the change affects the court’s divorce orders, you will need a modification of those orders. Talk to a post-decree modification lawyer at the R. J. Peters & Associates law firm in Phoenix, Arizona.

Our Modification Attorneys Take Sides.
Call Today for a Free Consultation, (602) 256-7575

Call Now for a Free Consultation

We offer a free initial consultation. Call now to see how we can help.

Our divorce lawyers can help you with modifications of divorce orders as well as with enforcement of orders.

Child support modifications

If the income of either parent has significantly changed, child support may need to be modified. Deal with the problem right away. Child support cannot be modified retroactively. While the two parents may agree on child support changes, it is safer to get a court order in case there is later confusion.

Child support enforcement

If the non-custodial parent is behind in child support, we can help you with the enforcement process. If you are behind in your payments to the custodial parent, talk to us about what you can do about arrearages.

Child custody modifications

If a parent can no longer care for a child for some reason, our lawyers can help you with the process of changing the custody orders. In some cases, as the child grows older and needs change, both parents may agree to a change in custody. Make sure that a court agrees. If the custodial parent removes a child to another country, talk to an attorney as soon as possible.

Visitation modifications

If the custodial parent moves out of state or if other circumstances change, there may be a need to modify the visitation orders.

Spousal maintenance modifications

Is there no longer a need for alimony? Or is alimony needed for a longer period than in the initial orders? Medical issues, job losses and other matters can change the needs of one spouse and/or the ability to pay of the other spouse.

Property and debt division enforcement

Has one of the parties failed to meet the court’s requirements in term of property and debt division? If a former spouse failed to turn over property according to the terms of the divorce order, contact a lawyer about enforcing the order.

We take sides at the R. J. Peters & Associates law firm. This is an important concept that we do not take lightly. Settlement of the difficult issues which arise in family law matters is always an important effort, but not always possible. We focus on fighting for our clients whether in settlement efforts or in litigation. Our only business is family law. From our office located near downtown Phoenix, we represent clients in Maricopa County and throughout Arizona.

Free half-hour consultation with a divorce lawyer.

Major credit cards accepted.